Wednesday, May 14, 2014

New Escapologist Illustration


This is an illustration did a little while ago for New Escapologist magazine. The image accompanied a short story entitled, "A Danger" written by Scottish emerging author Allan Wilson.

You might be able to tell that this illustration looks a little different than my typical style. I decided to try experimenting using a felt brush pen as opposed to my Lamy fountain pens.

Many thanks to my friends over at New Escapologist and for all the incredible thought, dedication, and inspiration. Really, you should check them out.

Escape!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Landis,

    It's Allan Wilson here. Just wanted to let you know that I think the illustration is brilliant. I was really happy to be published in the magazine. That's the first story I've had illustrated and nobody could have done a better job.

    Cheers,

    Allan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Allan! I am so glad that you were pleased with the illustration. I really had a lot of fun with this one and was excited when they passed your story on to me. I hope to read more of your work in New Escapologist!

      (I apologize for my very untimely response.)

      Delete