Sunday, June 30, 2013

Ghettoblaster Magazine, Issue #35, Illustration

This is an illustration I did a while ago for Ghettoblaster Magazine. When I was given the assignment, I knew it was going to be a challenge.

The illustration was to accompany an article about a band called "Half-Japanese" from the 70s and 80s. The challenge came from the fact that their music is so eclectic, and also that one of the band members is also an illustrator who designed nearly all of their album covers. What I quickly realized was, that my typical illustration style in no way lined up with the music or album illustrations.

I ended up trying something completely atypical to how I would usually draw. It was slightly nerve inducing, but I think the risk was worth it. I hope to experiment more with this style soon.

Thank you to my friends Tracey and Dave for giving me another fun project to work on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment