Monday, April 15, 2013

"They drove him in the car for a long time."


This is an illustration from my book "The Progressive Problem." While it is not an image I Have promoted much in the past, it brings me more joy than it probably should.

I am rather fond of how the exhaust in this illustration turned out. I was trying to come up with a way to show smoke/exhaust without drawing a cloud. I was a little wary at first about using cross-hatching, but after experimenting with some curved cross-hatching, I found the look I wanted.

Aside from the exhaust, the cat's wary eye still makes me smile.

I think you all know what happens next. If not, though, you can find out more information about the book here, including a link to get a free pdf of the book (and all my other books) in exchange for signing up for my newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment