Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The New Yorker

A couple months back I had posted that my entry into the New Yorker Eustace Tilley contest had been selected as one of the finalists. I had assumed that they had also already selected the grand prize winner. I was wrong.

I was contacted a little while ago and told that they had chosen my drawing as the winner. This means that they have now printed my drawing on a book tote and are selling it at the famous bookstore "The Strand" in New York.

Here is a link to their press release page

They sent me a few samples of the bags, and I have to say it is quite odd (in the best possible way) to see my drawing printed directly on the bag. I can not, though, quite bring myself to walk around with one of them. I would feel too self-conscious.

5 comments:

  1. Peter - that is quite an accomplishment and well deserved. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your encouragement does much.

      It was really great to see you the other week at the show.

      Delete
  2. Recently stumbled across your site -- and instantly fell in love with your art! I will be visiting daily...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I look froward to your visits. I hope that I can continue to make them enjoyable for you.

      Delete