Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Beginnings

This is my contest entry for Bluecanvas' current competition. The objective was to illustrate your own interpretation of the phrase "New Beginnings."

As with most of my illustrations, the end result does not really resemble what I imagined. Sometimes this is hard to accept, but I suppose it is simply the reality of translation as well as a lack of effort to start over. I did ultimately, though, go through some harsh edits on this drawing, cutting out a bunch of unnecessary information. My inclination is oftentimes to over-clutter my drawings instead of giving them the space to breath that they need.

The creepy "corn fetuses" did not turn out nearly as creepy as I hoped they would. Maybe next time.

4 comments:

  1. From Creepy fetus corn field to "drop the baby" open land.......and your interpretation is.....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life often begins from the death of something else.

      Delete
  2. Plenty creepy.

    If only there was a whole book of this stuff. I'd buy it. Then tear the book apart to paper my walls with this art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.

      Maybe someday there will be a book. You have me thinking...

      Delete