Monday, February 20, 2012

Wrestling Illustrations


This past Friday night I received a rush illustration job. I was asked to do six illustrations for a wrestling article. I was pretty much given free reign to do whatever I wanted, so I ended up trying something a little different from what I usually do.

I was not sure how the project was going to play out, but after a day and a half the above six images are what I came up with.

Click here for a link to the article with my accompanying illustrations.

I actually really enjoyed doing these quirky little drawings. I realized also that I really enjoyed doing the project as a rush job. I was able to concentrate all of my creative energy on just one project for a concentrated period of time, and it was extremely satisfying.

Within 36 hours I received the job, did the illustrations, and was paid. It was almost as if it did not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment