Saturday, February 4, 2012

As the weeks passed, the cat grew thinner and the weather colder.

Here is another illustration from my last book "The Progressive Problem."

While I was overall pleased with the look of the landscape in this one, it was only later that I realized that I left something important out, or rather, drew something quite wrong. Can you figure out what it is?

I only see this error now, whenever I look at the image.

If you would like to learn more about this book, or download a free pdf of the book in its entirety, click here.

3 comments:

  1. Is it the fallen leaves from the bare trees above?
    ~Bob Caron

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but now that you mention it, that could be another error.

    It is the log that the cat is underneath. For that log to be there a tree would have had to have fallen. However, the rest of the trunk is missing to the right, making it look more like a shelter someone intentionally built.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you see large branches on the ground from large trees caused by ice storms, wind, or lightning strikes. I assumed it came from such a tree that was just out of frame.
      -Bob Caron

      Delete