Thursday, January 19, 2012

"They retrieved the cat, put him outside, and shut the door."

I have decided to start posting some of the illustrations from my latest book, "The Progressive Problem."

This particular illustration is a favourite of mine from the book. I am especially fond of how the frame is broken up into white and black, and furthermore how the open door is letting in the dark, rather than the other way around.

I especially wanted to make sure that the cat being held looked realistic. I drew it once, and almost inked the drawing before realizing that the cat was not limp enough. I wanted the image to convey the cat trusting the human, and not fighting him. I redrew it, and the second time felt much better to me, which is the inked version you see above.

If you are interested in finding out more about this book, or reading a free pdf, click here.

I hope to post more of these illustrations soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment