Thursday, October 20, 2011

Three new published drawings!



I got a morale boost the other day when I opened my mailbox and had the new issue of Drollhouse magazine sitting inside. I had done three illustrations for them about a month and a half ago and the issue has now been printed and is being distributed.

The article I was asked to illustrate was about Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros' song "Home." The main illustration for the article (the one I included a larger image of on top) is my visual interpretation of the song. Essentially I set my Ipod on repeat, listened to the song about 84 times straight as I was drawing, and this is what came out.

The print quality of the magazine is superb. I was worried that some of the details would be lost but the translation from the printer to the page came of splendid.

I am extremely grateful to Drollhouse for giving me this opportunity. If you like underground humor, you should definitely check out their blog or pursue some of their future publications.



No comments:

Post a Comment