Thursday, September 15, 2011

Publication!



I had something exciting in my mailbox a few days ago: the latest issue of New Escapologist. Inside the magazine, I have three different illustrations (visible above). These illustrations were for an article about a Chicago naturalist named Leonard Dubkin. If you would like to see the illustrations just by themselves, click here (they are the first three illustrations to pop up).

Having not seen a previous issue of New Escapologist, I have to say I was impressed with the quality of the magazine. In actuality, it is small book, with a pleasing glossy cover. I have not finished reading all of the articles yet, but the ones I have read are original and inspired.

I am pleased with how the whole project turned out and I have to thank the people at New Escapologist for given me the opportunity to do this. If you would like to check out more about New Escapologist (which I highly recommend you do), check out their site and blog.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing work, Peter!! I'm especially impressed with your creative interpretation of the "white space" depicted "front and back" so to speak in the first two illustrations!!

    ReplyDelete