Monday, September 12, 2011

Dandelion Invasion

Here is the drawing of dandelions I was referring to a couple days ago. I actually did this drawing to enter an illustration contest being hosted by Bluecanvas. The requirement for the contest was to illustrate "Invasion" in any way you like.

I may actually still do another illustration for this contest, but this idea was the one that most interested me at the moment. I wanted to try and pick a theme that still went along with the idea of "Invasion" but that was atypical. I realized that the way dandelions aggressively take over a lawn or a field might be a perfect example.

After coming up with the idea, my hope was to be able to show dandelions in an ominous fashion. I am not sure if my end drawing really accomplishes this, but it was an enjoyable challenge nonetheless.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Landis,
    I just started up a blog and was wondering if I could use this picture for my header?
    Absolutely Love it!
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete